After removing travel health restrictions linked to Covid-19 and lifting its requirement to collect fingerprints when applying for a visa, China today announced a further simplification of its travel formalities.
The electronic form has been refined
Indeed, since Wednesday September 20, 2023, the Chinese Ministry of Affairs has refined its electronic visa application form for foreign travelers.
This improvement covers 7 main elements and 15 sub-elements, mainly concerning the candidates’ educational background, family information and travel history. The amount of information required is reduced.
More precisely, among the simplified sections, we can note that the following elements are no longer to be entered on the portal visaforchina.cn:
- The date the passport was issued;
- The amount of annual income;
- The start and end dates of the school curriculum;
- The detailed address of the last educational institution;
- Highest degree obtained;
- The personal address of parents, spouses and children;
- The profession of parents, spouses and children;
- The cities and countries of birth of parents, spouses and children;
- The home address of a person to contact in the event of an emergency;
- Details regarding past visits to China (latest visa information still to be entered);
- The details of the last trips made over the last 5 years are only for the last 12 months.