Alaska Airlines has relaunched its application for the iPhone and iPod touch in order to offer several new features aimed at providing customers with convenient and quick access to their most important travel information.
The most significant new feature is the ability to check in and access a mobile boarding pass within the app, according to Alaska Airlines.
“This powerful app is like a personal concierge service — it knows where you are at each stage of your travel and provides you easy access to the travel information that matters most,” says Curtis Kopf, Alaska Airlines’ managing director of customer innovation and alaskaair.com.
New features of the app include the ability to :
● Access a mobile boarding pass;
● Check in for flights;
● Track flight status and boarding information;
● Create text or e-mail flight alerts;
● Select and change seats;
● Create a parking reminder;
● Add notes for hotel and car reservations;
● Access Alaska’s “My Trips” feature to view multiple flight itineraries; and
● Track Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan account information.
Alaska Airlines plans to launch an Android app and a refreshed mobile-optimized website later this year, to make access to alaskaair.com easier and more convenient for other mobile devices and tablet users.
Created by Seattle-based Ubermind, the Alaska Airlines app is a complete redesign of the airline’s first mobile app launched in March 2010. More information is available online at alaskaair.com/mobile.
The Alaska Airlines app is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.