This summer, the cruise company Star Clippers will position its eponymous four-master in the region between the Côte d’Azur and Civitavecchia (Rome), with Corsica as its main destination, but also some high places in the Mediterranean.
The highlights of the Corsica + Mediterranean itinerary:
- Sailing on a sailboat will give you a unique perspective on the Corsican coastline.
- This island is famous for the splendor of its nature and its varied landscapes. Nothing better than experiencing it from the water.
- Among other things, you will discover the diversity of its port cities. In addition to Ajaccio and Bastia, the Island of Beauty is full of pretty little ports, such as L’Île Rousse, Calvi and Bonifacio.
- The sailboat sometimes drops anchor along superb beaches such as Plage Saint-Antoine, which is not accessible by road.
- Sailboat and Island of Beauty go together perfectly. An ideal means of transport to escape the pressure of everyday life. But also a way to spend quality time with your partner and family.
During these 7-night cruises, the Star Clipper also sets sail for some of the highlights of the Mediterranean, such as:
- The Island of Elba, off the coast of Tuscany. According to mythology, the Island of Elba was created from the most beautiful pearl in the necklace of the goddess Venus. But this verdant island is best known for having been the land of exile of the Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte.
- The fishing village of Stintino (Sardinia) is famous for its magnificent beaches with crystal clear azure waters and white sand.
- Who says glamor and jet-set, says Saint-Tropez. No more spending hours on the road in traffic jams. The sailboat drops anchor among the many yachts, and that makes quite a difference.
- Saint-Tropez is also Tahiti Beach, a beach made famous thanks to the emblematic film “And God Created Woman” with Brigitte Bardot.
- A day in Monaco, the opportunity to marvel at all the glamor of the principality, its luxury boutiques, its beautiful cars, its yachts and its famous casinos.
- Portofino, with all its splendid colours, is probably one of the prettiest ports in Italy.
The Star Clipper begins its cruises to Corsica and the Côte d’Azur on May 13.
The ports of departure and arrival are Cannes and Civitavecchia (Rome). Several of these cruises start and end in Cannes, easily accessible from Nice (by plane then by taxi (27 km), or by TGV with change in Avignon or Paris).
More information: www.starclippers.com