Les Clefs d’Or is a professional association of hotel concierges around the world. Serving more than 100 million customers each year, Les Clefs d’Or members respond to an infinite variety of requests, from the everyday to the extraordinary. The 2023 congress will take place in Istanbul!
An organization founded in 1952
This organization has over 4,000 members in 80 countries and 536 locations. Their members are easily identifiable by the golden keys crossed on the lapels of the jackets. With roots dating back to 1929, officially founded in France in 1952, Les Clefs d´Or is a non-profit association based on two pillars: service and friendship. To earn the right to wear the Golden Keys, aspiring concierges must have several years of experience as a hotel concierge, pass comprehensive tests, and prove beyond doubt their ability to provide the highest quality of service. Never outsourced, Les Clefs d’Or Concierges are directly employed by the hotels. They offer an unbiased service that is not aligned with tour operators or other service providers. Their advice, their proposals are based on personal experiences and “up-to-date” knowledge.
The Clefs d’Or congress will take place from March 11 to 15
About 500 Golden Key members from all over the world will travel to Turkey for the congress. The annual meeting also focuses on the future development of the concierge profession. New processes and current challenges in the hospitality industry will be discussed as well as the best working methods exchanged in order to strengthen the expertise of professional hotel concierges worldwide.
An election is scheduled and it’s serious
Applicants must be members, under the age of 36, and attending an LCD international convention for the first time. Each national section may appoint a candidate to represent it. This must be fluent in English and have the title of “Concierge”. This year, sixteen candidates will be tested in a written exam.
Knowledge of Clefs d’Or history, geography and general knowledge of the hospitality industry will be assessed to test the skills necessary for the concierge on a day-to-day basis when assisting guests. During the congress, the candidates will have an interview with the jury. The personal presentation of the candidate has a great influence on the result of this fair competition. This year’s competition is sponsored by the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group.
Les Clefs d’Or Awards – The 2023 Nominees
- Áron Bokros, Hungary, Matild Palace, a Luxury Collection hotel
- Bonnie “Bomi” Yoon, Korea, JW Marriott Seoul
- Evan, Baker, USA, Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
- Fabienne van den Bergh, Netherlands, Sofitel Legend the Grand Amsterdam
- Giulia Romagnani, Italy, Anantara Palazzo Naiadi
- Josephat Osiemo, UAE, Mandarin Oriental Jumeirah
- Julien Gentle, Germany, Rocco Forte Hotel de Rome, Berlin
- Justyna Kaminska, Spain, Mandarin Oriental Ritz, Madrid
- Magali Brandariz, Argentina, Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- Magnus Simonsen, Denmark, Nimb Hotel Copenhagen
- Marie-France Grégoire, France, La Reserve Paris
- Michael Lombardi, Canada, Nottawasaga Inn Resort
- Sabuhi Yavuzer, Türkiye, Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul
- Pierre-Felipe Valladares, Swiss, Mandarin Oriental Geneva
- Sahil Suri, UK, The Berkeley
- Thanaphon Bundusit, Thailand, Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park
“Each year, we offer a promising young concierge the opportunity to network and position themselves internationally. Concierges in the luxury segment must have a certain internationality and this is best achieved by meeting international colleagues. At the national level, a congress is held every two years, where contacts can be made or renewed. The next convention will take place in Baden-Baden in 2024.
The international jury
Angelica Miozza – 2020 Laureate, USA
Randy Santos, Qatar, 1st Vice-President UICH
Colin Toomey, Australia, Council of Elders
Borja Martin Guridi, Spain, Section President
Sammy Chan – Macau, Section President