Korean Air upgrades ‘Cash and Miles’ program to provide more flexibility

Avatar photo

KoreanAir improved its program “Cash and Miles” to allow customers to redeem more miles when purchasing tickets. Since August 10, the maximum amount of redeemable miles for a Cash and Miles ticket went from 20% to 30%.

Cash and Miles is an option that allows its members SKYPASS to pay for tickets using a combination of cash and award miles, and is available for all departure dates and booking classes. Korean Air introduced the program Cash and Miles in 2021 to provide more opportunities for customers to redeem their miles.

Customers can redeem 500 miles at up to 30% of the fare (excluding taxes and fuel surcharges) with miles when purchasing tickets through the airline’s website or mobile app. The remaining 70% can be paid in korean won or in dollars Americans. Exchange restrictions may apply to cross-segment itineraries and flights codeshareand exchange rates vary based on seasonal supply and demand.

The airline also offers special reduced fares for “ award tickets on select international routes when purchased through the airline’s website or mobile app. Itineraries and departure dates for these special discounted fares are selected quarterly and will be available in English on the airline’s website and mobile app from October.

Korean Air is making more award seats available, and the number of award tickets issued in the first half of this year exceeded the total number of award tickets for the year 2022. Miles redeemed for award tickets in the first half of the year were by 1.5 times the amount during the same period in 2019. The airline is committed to providing more convenient and valuable benefits to its travelers frequent.

John Walker Avatar