A national general strike is to take place in Italy on Friday October 20, according to Italian media. Several unions therefore called their members for a full-day strike. Airports, ferries, trains and local public transport are among those affected by the strike.
Several unions plan to strike
According to Italian media, several unions are planning to strike in all areas of public and private life on October 20. It is not yet certain that there will actually be a status quo.
- – strike at airports all day, from midnight to midnight.
- – Cancellations and delays on the railway, including on international connections; The strike starts Thursday October 19 at 9 p.m. and lasts 24 hours.
- – Public transport: buses, trams and metros with limited timetables
- – Concerning ferries, connections to and from the large islands are particularly affected by the strike of October 20 from 1 a.m. to midnight.
- – Motorway toll collectors will also be on strike for 24 hours from 10 p.m. on October 19.