California-based airline Virgin America is introducing new fall seasonal menus that offer travelers a varied selection of fresh meal and snack options at any time during their flights.
Virgin America says it is the only airline in the U.S. with a touch-screen seatback menu (on its ‘Red’ in-flight entertainment system) that allows guests to order what they want, when they want it, during a flight.
Red’s Main Cabin menu includes a new selection of healthy on-demand meals and snacks. First Class passengers will find a new fall menu designed exclusively for Virgin America by chef Luke Mangan. In keeping with the airline’s California roots, both menus focus on organic and locally sourced ingredients, including fresh produce, premium meats and artisan breads.
First Class passengers can now also choose from an expanded range of wines, including new varietals from Sonoma’s St. Francis Winery & Vineyards.
The First Class menu varies by route, but includes some of the following selections:
● Green tea citrus fruit: A selection of kiwi, orange sections, mango, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries marinated together with green tea, honey and fresh mint;
● Herb omelet on grilled challah: A fresh egg omelet cooked with fine herbs, served on grilled Challah bread with olive tapenade, with a salad of California Heirloom tomatoes tossed with basil, olive oil and feta;
● Bircher muesli with fruit and honey: A classic breakfast dish of rolled oats, granny smith apple, passion fruit, dried apricots, dried figs, toasted hazelnuts, farm fresh yogurt and milk, served with fresh blackberries, blueberries and strawberries and honey served on the side;
● Fruit and cheese plate: A selection of cheeses, including hand-cut brie, aged cheddar, havarti and smoked gouda, with pumpernickel rye and garnished with raspberry, blackberry, grape-tomatoes and baby frisee;
● Summer fruit bowl: A selection of fresh hand-cut mango, watermelon, plum wedges and blackberries, served with a fruit skewer of fresh cut juicy pineapple, kiwi fruit and strawberry;
● Tomato and mozzarella omelet with pork sausage: A fresh egg omelet folded with fresh herbs, fresh mozzarella and roasted yellow tomatoes served with crisp apple-wood-smoke bacon strips, grilled pork sausage links and a zesty tomato and chili compote and fresh cilantro;
● Spanish egg and potato tortilla: A classic Spanish potato and baked egg frittata with onions, cream and parmesan cheese. Served with a toasted buttery English muffin and poached asparagus and a hollandaise sauce infused with blood oranges; and
● Bake Onboard Croissants: Golden brown croissants freshly baked in-flight.