The online reservations group Expedia generated total sales of almost eleven billion euros in 2022, 36% more than in 2021. Earnings before interest and taxes increased almost fivefold compared to the year previous to reach a good billion euros.
Figures that show the rise of Expedia
- Record lodging bookings and lodging revenue for the full year and fourth quarter (312 million nights booked in 2022).
- Significant earnings growth with full-year GAAP net earnings of $352 millioncompared to a net loss of $269 million in 2021. Adjusted net income for the full year up more than 300% compared to 2021 and record adjusted EBITDA of more than $2.3 billion.
- Free cash flow for the full year reached $2.8 billion, more than 70% higher than in 2019.
- Debt reduction of $2.2 billion in 2022, leading to a significant reduction in indebtedness.
- Repurchase of 5.2 million shares for approximately $500 million for the year and approximately $350 million in shares in the fourth quarter of 2022.
Peter Kern, vice president and CEO of Expedia Group is delighted
We are delighted to have been able to achieve our most profitable year in 2022, despite the frictions of transforming our business model and technology platform. While our fourth quarter results were negatively impacted by inclement weather, demand was otherwise strong and accelerating, and has been significantly stronger since the start of the year.” “We begin 2023 with record app usage and record membership, led by Expedia US, the first of our brands to roll out new marketing capabilities and strategies. This year, we are excited to see these benefits benefit more of our brands and geographies, driving growth and expanding margins. »
Expedia’s financial press release: HERE
As a reminder, the brands of Expedia Group
Expedia.com Hotels.com Vrbo Travelocity Hotwire.com Orbitz CheapTickets CarRentals.com Expedia Cruises Wotif Trivago Expedia Group Media Solutions Expedia Group Partner Solutions