Low-cost carrier Spirit Airlines is to offer daily non-stop seasonal service linking Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) and Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) with Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) from April 25 to November 5.
“Spirit carries more visitors to Myrtle Beach than any other airline, operating exclusively with large Airbus A319 and A320 jets with 145-178 seats each,” said Mark Kopczak, Spirit Airlines’ senior director of network planning.
“The availability of affordable transportation into the Myrtle Beach area is crucial to building our tourism economy and greatly enhances our ability to market in challenging economic times,” said Brad Dean, president and CEO of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce/CVB.
Spirit Airlines’ schedule for its Baltimore/Washington International Airport-Myrtle Beach service will see flight NK547 depart BWI at 10:45 a.m. daily between April 25 and November 5, and arrive at MYR at 12:10 p.m.
In the other direction, flight NK548 is timed to leave MYR daily at 5:20 p.m. and land at BWI at 6:40 p.m.
The carrier’s schedule for its Philadelphia International Airport-Myrtle Beach service will see flight NK717 push back from the gate at PHL at 7:25 a.m. daily from April 25 to November 5 and reach MYR at 9:00 a.m.
In the other direction, flight NK714 is timed to begin taxiing at MYR at 9:50 a.m. and touch down at PHL at 11:25 a.m.
Spirit Airlines currently offers year-round daily non-stop service to Myrtle Beach from Atlantic City, Boston, Fort Lauderdale and New York LaGuardia, and also recently announced it has moved up the start dates for its 2013 seasonal service to/from Myrtle Beach.
The airline’s seasonal service to the South Carolina beach city will begin in time for the Valentine’s Day and President’s Day weekends. Spirit’s seasonal service to MYR will include:
● Daily service between Myrtle Beach and Chicago O’Hare International Airport, starting February 14;
● Daily service between Myrtle Beach and Detroit, starting February 14;
● Three-times-weekly round-trips between Myrtle Beach and the Latrobe/Pittsburgh area starting February 14, with service increasing to daily on April 25;
● Twice-weekly round-trips between Myrtle Beach and the Niagara Falls, New York/Toronto area starting February 15, with service increasing to four flights a week on April 25; and
● Twice-weekly round-trips between Myrtle Beach and Charleston, West Virginia starting March 2.
In addition, on April 25, Spirit will resume seasonal service between Myrtle Beach and both the Plattsburgh, New York/Montreal Area and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, operating three round-trips a week on both routes.