Air Canada will launch year-round mainline service to Amsterdam from Toronto next June as part of the continuing expansion of its international network.
Additions to the Star Alliance member carrier’s summer 2015 network also include new Air Canada rouge seasonal service from Montréal to Venice and between Vancouver and Osaka.
Speaking about the new Toronto-Amsterdam route, Benjamin Smith, president, passenger airlines at Air Canada, says: “Air Canada is the only Canadian carrier to offer the route year-round and it will complement our existing service to Brussels, giving customers easier access to the Benelux region.”
Adds Smith: “In addition to Amsterdam, for summer 2015 Air Canada will launch new double-daily, non-stop Air Canada service to Paris from both Toronto and Montréal, and new Air Canada rouge service between Vancouver and Osaka and between Montréal and Venice. It will also offer increased weekly Air Canada rouge frequencies to such popular destinations as Barcelona and Athens.”
Highlights of Air Canada’s and Air Canada rouge’s 2015 schedules include:
● Year-round Air Canada service between Toronto-Pearson and Amsterdam, operated by 211-seat Boeing 767-300ER widebodies, each with 24 International Business Class pods that feature fully lie-flat seats. Flights begin on June 4, 2015 and will be operated up to six times weekly;
● Double-daily Air Canada service from both Toronto Pearson International Airport and Montréal-Trudeau International Airport to Paris Charles de Gaulle. The additional flights will be offered from June to September and be operated using Boeing 767-300ER aircraft with 24 International Business Class pods;
● New non-stop Air Canada services from Toronto to Rio de Janeiro and from Toronto to Panama City, introduced in the 2014-15 winter schedule, will continue to operate during the summer of 2015;
● New Air Canada rouge twice-weekly service between Montréal and Venice beginning on May 14 and, subject to government approval, up to five flights per week between Vancouver and Osaka Kansai International Airport beginning on May 1;
● Air Canada rouge service from Toronto to Athens and Barcelona will increase to daily flights from five times a week this past summer, while service from Toronto to Venice increases to four times a week from three;
● From Montréal, Air Canada rouge service to Athens will double to four times a week and service to Barcelona will increase to three times weekly from twice weekly in summer 2014. Overall, Air Canada rouge service to Athens, Barcelona, Lisbon, Manchester and Nice will operate for a longer summer season during 2015 than in the summer of 2014; and
● Air Canada rouge will begin operating year-round service between Toronto and Peru’s capital Lima from May 2, subject to government approval, following the transfer of the route from Air Canada.