American Airlines is introducing additional booking options with new extra-fee ‘Your Choice’ services, which the airline says are intended to make customers’ travel experiences more personalized, convenient, cost-effective and flexible.
As part of the initial Your Choice offering, American Airlines is introducing a ‘Boarding and Flexibility Package’. The carrier will offer more Your Choice services in the future.
Customers can purchase the Boarding and Flexibility Package for travel within the continental United States when they purchase tickets at American’s website, AA.com. The Boarding and Flexibility Package provides customers with the following services:
● It places the customer in Group 1 of General Boarding, allowing the customer to be one of the first passengers to board the plane. (Group 1 boards immediately following PriorityAAccess customers);
● The package provides a $75 Flight Change Discount, which means that if a customers needs to change his or her itinerary, he or she will save $75 off the regular service charge when applicable;
● It allows the customer to standby for an earlier flight on his or her day of departure at no charge;
● The package applies to all travelers in the customer’s reservation per-person charge; and
● It is offered for introductory prices from $9 each way. Prices vary based by market and routing.
Sample introductory prices for the Boarding and Flexibility Package on popular American Airlines routes, (based on nonstop routing) are: $9 for Dallas/Fort Worth to Kansas City, Missouri; $14 for Chicago O’Hare to Boston; $14 for Dallas/Fort Worth to Orlando; $14 for Miami to Washington, D.C.; and $19 for New York JFK to Los Angeles.
In addition to the Boarding and Flexibility Package available to customers when purchasing their tickets at AA.com, later this summer American will offer Group 1 of General Boarding as a stand-alone option for customers, upon arrival at the airport. The introductory price for the Group 1 of General Boarding option is $10 each way, regardless of flight length, markets or routing. However, American will require the service to be purchased for the entire itinerary. This option will be available for purchase up to one hour prior to scheduled flight departure, via the self-service check-in machines at most U.S. and many non-U.S. airports.
Certain limitations apply for both the Boarding and Flexibility Package and Group 1 of General Boarding. For details, visit www.aa.com/yourchoice.
American Airlines’ premium customers, including AAdvantage elite-status members and oneworld elite-status members, will continue to enjoy PriorityAAccess privileges, including early boarding, expedited check-in and security screening, and the option to standby for an earlier flight on the day of travel at no charge.