Hospitality and travel company Carlson is renaming its ‘goldpoints plus’ hotel loyalty program as ‘Club Carlson’, with the new program offering additional redemption and earning features upon its launch on March 31.
The announcement came during Carlson’s annual global hotel business conference in Washington, D.C.
According to the company, members of Club Carlson will benefit from an enriched array of redemption opportunities, including Carlson’s global resorts, as well as new vacation options with CWT Vacations and Club Med. Members will have the ability to earn points for every eligible stay at more than 1,000 Carlson hotels worldwide: Radisson, Country Inns & Suites By Carlson, Park Inn and Park Plaza.
“A key pillar of our Ambition 2015 growth strategy is to help our hotels grow their revenues,” says Hubert Joly, president and chief executive officer of Carlson. “In 2010, we announced a plan to double the size of our loyalty program to 10 million members by 2013, and the membership grew by 24 per cent to 6.3 million members during 2010. We have designed Club Carlson’s very attractive value proposition to help drive further growth and results.”
The program’s key new features are as follows:
● Members can redeem points across Carlson’s 1,071 hotels worldwide, including the company’s 42 resorts, in the Caribbean, Latin America, Asia Pacific and the Mediterranean Sea;
● The new CWT Vacation partnership offers U.S. members a choice of hundreds of independent hotels in top vacation destinations including Hawaii, Las Vegas, ski resort areas and cruises;
● A new partnership with Club Med provides members in the U.S. and Canada with access to 80 upscale, all-inclusive resorts worldwide, including the newly renovated Sandpiper Bay in Port Saint Lucie, Florida; and
● Carlson has added 20 new retail and restaurant partners to provide low point redemption options, including Amazon.com, Best Buy, iTunes and T.G.I. Friday’s restaurants.
Customer privileges and benefits:
● The new Concierge elite tier provides members with complimentary room upgrades and continental breakfast; early check in and late check out; a 75 per cent point bonus on stays; and starting by mid-year, access to a special Concierge Service line for theater and sports tickets and reservations at top-rated restaurants anywhere in the world;
● The program has no blackout dates;
● Free Internet is provided at Radisson hotels worldwide and all Carlson brands in North America; and
● Roll-over nights allow elite members to roll over extra nights to qualify toward their next year’s elite status.
Earning: Club Carlson has been designed to be one of the most rewarding loyalty programs in travel and will enable members to enjoy a remarkably fast way to a free night’s stay. As an example, a member who stays five nights at the Radisson Hotel Los Angeles Westside can earn a free night at the Park Inn Prague.
Club Carlson app: To expand and optimize its reach to the mobile audience, Carlson is launching Club Carlson as a new iPhone and Android mobile application on March 31. The app will feature express booking for all Carlson hotels, personalization options, GPS mapping and the ability to redeem points. The app also links to “Explore Destinations”, which stores more than 4.4 million points of interest from local restaurants to tourist attractions.
Benefit to small-to-medium-sized businesses: A new extension of the loyalty program is specifically designed with small business owners in mind, to allow both the individual traveler and business to earn points for stays. Business owners can use their points to reduce future travel expenses or offer them as employee rewards.
Benefit to hotels: According to Carlson, while Club Carlson offers consumers considerable value, the new program will also greatly improve economic value to the hotels on an overall cost-benefit basis.
Carlson will promote the Club Carlson launch with a $10 million launch budget. See www.clubcarlson.com, the new loyalty program website available from March 31, for full program details.