Tourism Australia has used feedback from its 1.5 million Facebook followers to help develop a new smartphone app, aimed at inspiring travelers to visit Australia and making their vacations in Australia easier and more enjoyable.
Compatible with iPhone and Android devices, the Tourism Australia app includes a number of features aimed at reinforcing the organization’s global marketing campaign, ‘There’s nothing like Australia’.
The updated iPhone and Android apps will be officially launched on June 30.
● Access up to 3,500 photos of destinations, attractions and experiences throughout Australia;
● Search by state, city or type of experience or shuffle through images randomly;
● Find the nearest Australian travel specialist wherever they are in the world;
● Locate the closest 50 Australia vacation experiences, using the app’s “Near Me Now” function;
● Connect easily to Tourism Australia’s website, Australia.com; and
● Save or share favorite photos and experiences with family and friends via Facebook, Twitter or email.
The ‘There’s nothing like Australia’ app was developed by Tourism Australia’s digital marketing team and was revealed exclusively to the organization’s Facebook followers in April. The Facebook fans were invited to download the app and test it. Nearly 20,000 users downloaded the app within the first three weeks of it being launched, making it iTunes Australia’s number one-rated free travel app.
Subsequently, a new map view has been added, allowing users to see exactly where key attractions and experiences are located. New versions of the app in the Chinese, Japanese and Korean languages have also been produced.
The app also offers a function to help users get in contact with specialized Australian travel agents, to help them plan their next Australian vacations.
For more information on Tourism Australia, visit www.australia.com.
To find hotel deals in Australia, click here.