For those planning on coming from out of town or for locals who want the convenience of staying right on the beach, there are several special hotel offers available for the weekend:
● Courtyard Marriott Cocoa Beach has packages starting at $169 per night that include preferred seating for the event and the opportunity to eat breakfast with the U.S. Army Golden Knights. Phone 321-784-4800 or visit www.courtyardcocoabeach.com;
● Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach has packages starting at $169 per night that include preferred seating for the event and the opportunity to eat breakfast with the U.S. Army Golden Knights. Phone 321-799-4099 or visit www.hamptoninncocoabeach.com;
● Hilton Cocoa Beach is offering air show packages that start at $129.00 per night and include two tickets at show center per room per day, free parking and shuttle service. For more information or to make reservations visit www.hiltoncocoabeach.com or call 321-799-0003 and ask for “Air Show Package”;
● Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites is offering several special packages for the weekend, including the Air Show Weekend Package which starts at $202 and includes a two-night stay, continental breakfast, admission to the Air Show Take Off Party and two tickets to the show center for October 3 and October 4. To find out more about this or the other special weekend packages call 1-800-962-0028 ext. 366 or 377 and ask for “Air Show Packages”;
● Radisson Resort at the Port has rooms starting at $111 per night for standard deluxe and $153 per night for Whirlpool Jacuzzi suites. Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-333-3333 or going to www.Radisson.com/CapeCanaveralfl;
● Four Points by Sheraton has rooms starting at $105 per night for standard deluxe and $115 per night for junior suites. Reservations can be made by calling 1-866-225-0145 or visiting www.fourpoints.com/cocoabeach;
● Quality Suites is running a special for their king suites at $79 per night. Call 321-783-6868 or visit www.suitescb.com to book or for more information;
● Wakulla Suites is offering one night package deals starting at $155 and two night package deals starting at $285 for the air show. Packages include a suite overlooking the tropical gardens and tickets for the air show. To make reservations, call the hotel directly at 1-800-992-5852 or 321-783-2230; and
● Comfort Inn & Suites is offering three different Cocoa Beach air show packages during the weekend. Packages will include room accommodations, air show tickets and other amenities. Call 321-783-2221 for reservations.
While in the Space Coast, aviation and military enthusiasts might want to think about spending some time at two of the area’s top attractions: Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum and the Kennedy Space Center.
The Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum in Titusville showcases a range of historic airplanes and aircraft that the U.S. military used prior to World War I to current day. Valiant Air Command is a group of people who assembled the War Museum as a tribute to the valiant pilots who flew over the years. The museum is at 6600 Tico Road, Titusville, Florida. Phone 321-268-1941 or visit www.vacwarbirds.org f0r more information.
At Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, visitors can see almost every rocket launched into space at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Center’s Rocket Garden. There is an IMAX movie theatre and the attraction Shuttle Launch Experience, in which guests receive a first-hand experience of blasting off in actual shuttle. Visit www.kennedyspacecenter.com for more information.
Hospitality events for the inaugural Cocoa Beach Air Show take place each night beginning on Thursday, October 1, giving the public an opportunity to meet the pilots and performers. The Take Off Party at Cocoa Beach Pier on the evening of October 2 and the Air Show Street Party at Fishlips the evening of October 3 will both feature parachute jumps by the U.S. Army Golden Knights.
The show center is Alan Shepard Park in Cocoa Beach. For more information or to purchase VIP viewing tickets guests can visit www.cocoabeachairshow.com.
For more information on Florida’s Space Coast, visit www.space-coast.com.